First off we have a couple of small but important changes posted here:
We'd like to announce a couple upcoming changes for General Gameplay in v1.3.6. Please keep in mind that these are not patch notes and additional adjustments may be in the works.
- New User Interface option: Sticky Targeting. Enabling this option will prevent you from clearing your target(s) by clicking an empty location in the gamespace. (Developer Note(s): clears the offensive target first in the event that both an offensive and defensive target is selected.)
- Player health bars will now update correctly when receiving damage or heals. (Developer Note(s): this corrects an issue where health bars would "flicker or bounce" upon receiving a heal or damage.)
And then the big news posted here and I've highlighted something in this that is very important and easily missed.
We'd like to announce some upcoming changes for RvR in v1.3.6. As stated by Carrie Gouskos in a recent Producer's Letter, there are many upcoming changes for ORvR in the near future. While some of these changes do affect ORvR, they do not conclude the list by any means. We are vigilantly working on much larger improvements to be released in a later version.
ORvR: Victory Points for PVE and Prior Tier have been removed. New pool values are as follows:
Tiers 2 & 3
- ORvR: Zone capture rewards will now only be awarded to players within the RvR lake or an associated Tier's Scenario. Players will remain eligible for rewards for 5 minutes after leaving the RvR lake or an associate's Tier's Scenario as long as the player is within the appropriate pairing.
- Against All Odds: in the event that an army is outnumbered within an RvR lake, members of the outnumbered army will receive a scaling bonus to Experience, Renown and Influence. This bonus becomes active on qualified players after being outnumbered by 20% or more. The bonus cannot surpass 400% and requires at least 6 players of each Realm to be present within the RvR lake. (Developer Note(s): this bonus is additive.)
- Scenarios: players with the "Quitter!" debuff will no longer suffer a penalty to Experience and Renown but will now be unable to queue for a Scenario until the "Quitter!" debuff has faded.
- Contested Cities: Players belonging to the Realm that lost Stage 3 will now always be properly disabled by the Routed ability.
- Contested Cities: Portals leading out of the Khorne War Quarters and Slaanesh Chambers no longer check for combat status. (Developer Note(s): YAY!)
- Contested Cities: Guards will no longer spawn at the six objectives within Altdorf and The Inevitable City. (Developer Note(s): this corrects an issue where Warlords could become stuck inside geometry.)
No more PvE being linked to the ORvR campaign, no more annoying prior tier nonsense. I am pleased with all of these changes, it's not everything we need, but this is another important step, moving towards a much better campaign system. I'm very keen to hear about the "much larger improvements to be released in a later version". I've really got my fingers crossed for larger ORvR lakes... pleeeeeeease.
I'm liking what I hear Mythic, keep it coming!
I like this a lot.ReplyDelete
Sounds very good. They should of removed pve, and prior tier at launch. What good is prior tier once everyone is mostly max level. Who wants to pve to flip zones. This is the biggest improvement in a long time to orvr.ReplyDelete
I am not sure the mailbox camping will be solved. It will still be easy to be in a scenario when its going to flip for the most part. It still won't get people out to orvr.
I think they need to implement the emblem system to orvr somehow. Make it so someone with Warlord or higher gear still benefits somehow by taking keeps, and objectives. Fun only goes so far.
These notes are promising and does adress some of the problems found with the campaign. but, the most important thing it shows is that Mythic is willing to throw things in the bin if doesn't work as intended.ReplyDelete
now we just need that 3rd faction and larger RvR lakes
I think there are 2 things here decoupling tiers 2 and 3 from 4 and adding AAO.ReplyDelete
Decoupling tier 2 and 3 from 4 is a bloody relief tbh, as an order player on KN those two tiers are perma Desto controlled. This isnt Desto's fault rather due to order speed grinding in LOTD. Mythic have promised to boost the action in T2 and T3. So removing their influence on T4 lets them do this without messing with the end game. With this in mind the changes are likely to be pretty big. Options? Allowing free trial players into T2 and T3? F2P hybrid? F2P can go to T2 and T3 but have to buy $$$ gear? Closing LOTD to players under rank 25? Closing some of the RVR lakes? ie if Elf lands are locked in T4 then they are auto locked in T2 and T3? Expand the weekend warfront? make Empire permanently open and then open either elflands or dwarf vs greenskins at the weekend for extra rewards?
The AAO is pretty cool. There are many situations where it wont help but it will help at on very important time.... offpeak. Its not to hard to have a WB or 2 fighting a WB or a couple of FGs for control of a zone during the (many) off peak hours. I think the main impact of this effect will be to stretch out the peak hours and hopefully increase the baseline activity on a server.