As you all will no doubt now know, GOA will no longer be managing WAR in Europe and we’re all being moved under Mythic’s direct control.
At the time of writing this post, unfortunately official news is scarce and it’s a bit hard to work out what is going to happen. Through a range of sources I’m hearing a lot of things, but as of yet Mythic have not directly confirmed anything much. On the Herald there is a mere one sentence, which confirms it is happening but not a lot else. I suspect from this that GOA have announced this before Mythic were expecting them too and they didn’t have a proper statement prepped up, wouldn’t be the first time GOA have done this. Since the announcement GOA staffers have said a few things on both WHA and the official forums.
I’m not going to list everything I’ve heard, nor am I going to reference sources, as they’re rather varied and some rumours are duplicated lots, plus I’m not at home and am writing this on my iphone, which is a pain in the arse to sort all the links with. :P So everything that follows comes from a mixture of respectable and more dubious places, as such it is not gospel and should be considered nothing but rumour for now. To be doubly clear, I’m just sharing the rumours, as that’s all we’ve got to go on at present.
- It was Mythic’s choice, reason unknown. However it is not due to financial problems or WAR’s imminent death, WAR EU is very profitable. (UPDATE not confident about the Mythic's choice bit)
- This was not a sudden or unexpected for either company; Mythic gave GOA notice a couple of months ago.(UPDATE see above)
- The EU servers are NOT being merged together or onto US servers. We will have our same players, guilds and alliances just on servers managed by Mythic. The communities of Karak-Norn, Azgal, will remain as is.
- The current Mythic WAR website will no longer just service the Americans and will be the international site, with EU players getting access.
- EA/Bioware/Mythic/whatever has access to servers in Germany that will be used to host WAR EU servers.
- EU class leaders and closed testers (or whatever you call it) will join the US equivalent scheme, the Oracles you see on US forums.
There are plenty of other rumours flying around, but they’re either very dubious or solo comments from random people I don’t know enough to want to quote.
(update 2) Once more to make totally clear, these are just todays rumours. I'm hearing things already that throw doubt on many things. PS this blogger softeare hates bullet poitns AGH edited..
As for what I think about it… that will follow. Except one thing now… I don’t want my server merged. Karak Norn might be smothered in trolling arrogant bastards, but they’re our arrogant trolling bastards and when you put aside all the bollocks, our community is great. Very active too, we really don’t need transfers.
Anyways, I’ll post more ASAP. Hopefully Mythic will give us some info soon.