Sunday 25 January 2009

Bring on the 29th!

Not long until the big announcement from Mythic... lets hope its not being built up too much eh ;)

Bug fixes are always great (and probably top priority for a lot of people), but I'm particularly interested in what oRvR improvements and new content is added. Here's the things I'm expecting/hoping to see:

oRvR
  • Zone Domination, well we already know this is coming. It sounds great to me, having to do PQs for a zone lock is dull, dull, dull! I'm not a big fan of scenarios either, so anything promoting oRvR is all good.
  • On top of Zone Domination, I'd like to see further importance placed on holding objectives. Certainly more incentive to hold them. Keep and BO swapping needs to go.
  • Emphasis on the hope here, but Darkness Falls please :D I think most people that played Dark Age of Camelot will be with me here. Darkness Falls was awesome. An epic sized oRvR dungeon with access to it controlled by what you own in the outside world... Which means you can lose access whilst you're inside. That can get pretty crazy :D

New Content

  • Slayer and Choppa. This is as good as confirmed it seems. I can't wait to start my Choppa :) I've been putting off properly starting a melee DPS alt to wait for this.
  • The missing Cities. I'm expecting to see some kind of release schedule for these, probably one pairing at a time. I'm hoping these also bring more dungeons with them and make the tier 4 greater wards less of a pain to get.

All in all I don't think I've said anything different here, lots of people having been saying the same and with those missing bit's it would seem fairly obvious what new content is to come. You never know though.

The Darkness Falls bit I'm actually expecting to come in an expansion, a few of us have talked about how we'd make an expansion for WAR and something of that scale could make sense there. I'll be posting over the next couple of weeks about our idea for an expansion. Obviously there's a lot of work to be done first, but there's no harm in a bit of speculation ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Half man half pixel. Music obsessive, likes a drink, occasional bastard.